Friday 11 October 2013

Dress Me Perfect!

So, I'm helping out at this new boutique, 'Dress Me Perfect' and I thought I'd do a post, just because this line of work really interests me and gets my passion going! I love styling and mixing pieces together that are original, unique and flattering to your body shape. I come from a background of working in retail and clothing, and I love using my creative eye to help someone else find their signature look. Today I'm wearing a gorgeous oversized heart jumper by AX Paris (£30 in 'Dress Me Perfect' Whitchurch, Cardiff) teamed with a vintage floral fitted dress (from JOY£50) and this season's must have two strap sandals (from REISS £129).




It's all about feeling confident, comfortable and like YOU! No one else can pull off the style you can, so wear it, be original, and don't be afraid to try something different! If I wear something tight on the bottom half I like to mix it up by wearing a baggy/loose fitting top. And vice versa, if I wear a tight top I usually try wearing a looser fabric on the bottom half. I think mixing textures is also fabulous and very fashion forward, especially for winter 2013/14. Some of my favourite textures for AW13/14 are: Leather, tweed, silk and suede.



If you live in the South Wales area, pop in and visit this gorgeous little boutique in the heart of Whitchurch, just outside Cardiff City Centre. You will find something for all tastes here, from classic cocktail dresses and cosy knits to quirky stone washed denim and punk inspired pieces. If you fancy a closer look into the inspiration behind the business visit www.dressmeperfect.com and take a look at Dawn Higgin's blog and fabulous website.

No comments:

Post a Comment